The ICM2016 paper submission and review processes will be entirely electronic and will be conducted on-line using the Easy chair. No email (or other forms of submission) will be accepted.
Authors of accepted proposals will prepare a camera-ready (final) version of their paper and will submit it using the on-line submission system. This version of the paper will be substantially the same as the paper proposal but will take into account reviewers’ comments. The camera-ready (final) paper must be completed and submitted on or before the “submission of camera-ready” deadline shown under “Important Dates” on this web site.
NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED BEYOND THE DEADLINE.
Failure to meet the deadline will result in an automatic withdrawal of your paper for presentation and publication.
To submit your camera-ready (final) paper, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Submit the IEEE Copyright Form electronically
Every ICM2016 paper accepted for presentation and publication MUST have attached to it an IEEE Copyright transfer form. Please note that you are required to submit the IEEE Copyright transfer form BEFORE you submit the camera-ready (final) paper. please send a copy of your copyright form signed with the corresponding author of the paper to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org before November 1st, 2016.
Copy right form could be downloaded from here http://www.ieee.org/publications_standards/publications/rights/copyrightmain.html
Failure to submit the IEEE Copyright transfer form by the deadline will result in an automatic withdrawal of your paper for presentation and publication.
Step 2: Prepare your Camera-Ready (Final) Paper:
Your camera-ready (final) paper will be substantially the same as the paper proposal that you submitted for review but must take into account reviewers’ comments.
The ICM2016 Technical Program Committee reserves the right to reject a camera-ready (final) paper if the reviewers’ comments are not adequately addressed.
Please make sure that you follow the instructions in the IEEE template to prepare a properly formatted camera-ready paper. Paper Template.
Camera-ready (final) papers not conforming to the required format will be withdrawn from presentation and will not appear in the proceedings.
Step 3: Verify that your camera-ready (final) paper is IEEE Xplore compliant:
All papers published in the ICM2016 Proceedings and presented at the conference will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore®. Therefore, all camera-ready (final) paper files must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specifications for compatibility.
If your camera-ready (final) paper file is not IEEE Xplore-compliant then it will be automatically withdrawn from presentation and will not appear in the proceedings.
In order to facilitate the process of creating and verifying PDF files, ICM2016 has registered for use of the IEEE tool: IEEE PDF eXpressTM. This is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compliant PDFs (conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore-compliance (PDF check function).
In order to verify that your camera-ready (final) paper is IEEE Xplore-compliant please follow the steps below:
- Go to the IEEE PDF eXpressweb site.
- If you already have an IEEE eXpress account (either for ICM2016 or another conference) then proceed to login using the Conference ID 39259x, your email address and password. If you cannot remember your password then you might want to click on the “Forgot your password?” link to reset your password.
- If you are a first time user then you need to create an account on the IEEE PDF eXpress system. To do that, click on the “New Users – Click Here” link. Enter the Conference ID 39259x, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted. You will then receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup. You can now proceed to login to the IEEE eXpress system.
- For each ICM2016 camera-ready (final) paper that you want to process, click “Create New Title”, enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required), and then click “Submit file for Checking or Converting”.
- You will now be prompted to upload your file. Click “Browse” to browse to your file and then click “Upload File”. The uploaded file can either be the PDF file that you want to check for compliance or the source file that you want to convert to a compliant PDF file. Please note that IEEE PDF eXpress can only accept one of the following source file types for conversion:
- Microsoft Word
- Rich Text Format
- (La)TeX (A DVI and supported image files must be included in a compressed archive)
- PageMaker (images should not be embedded, included with main file in a compressed archive)
- Once the checking/conversion process is completed successfully then you will receive an email with the verified/converted PDF file attached to it. This approved PDF file is labeled within its document properties as being “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress”, with an exact date and time stamp.
- This approved file (and not your uploaded file) is the file that you should submit to Easy chair as your camera-ready (final) paper.
For more detailed instructions please refer to the “Using IEEE PDF eXpress” web page.
Step 4: Submit camera-ready (final) PDF file electronically:
It is important to highlight again that what you need to submit is the approved camera-ready (final) PDF file that you have received through email from IEEE PDF eXpress. This approved PDF file is labeled within its document properties as being “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress”, with an exact date and time stamp.
To submit your camera-ready (final) PDF file electronically please follow the steps below:
- Go to the on-line submission system Easy chair and log-in using your Easy chair account (this should be the same account you have used to submit the paper proposal). Your username will be your email..
- Make sure that all author information are stored correctly on EASY Chair and matches the information on the PDF file. Author information (e.g. names, affiliations, etc.) that will appear in conference publications and materials (e.g. Proceedings, CD-ROM, badges, etc.) will be taken from the Easchair system and not from the submitted PDF file. In particular:
- Make sure that ALL paper authors are included on the author list on Easy chair.
- Make sure that the order of authors on Easy chair is correct.
- Make sure that all authors update their profile (affiliation, email, country, etc.) on the Easy chair system.
- Make sure that all paper information are stored correctly on Easy chair and matches the information on the PDF file. Paper information (title, abstract, etc) that will appear in conference publications (e.g. book of abstracts, proceedings, etc.) will be taken from the Easy chair system and not from the submitted PDF file.
- Click on the “Update File” link, choose Browse and then your pdf express file then upload. Depending on the size of your file and your internet connection speed, the file upload may take a few minutes. If the file is uploaded successfully then a confirmation message will be displayed. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation with the details of your submission. If you do not see the confirmation page after uploading your file, you may not have successfully completed your file upload. If you encounter trouble, please contact the Conference Chair.
Similar to the proposal submission, your camera-ready (final) document will be checked to ensure that it meets all formatting and compatibility requirements to be included in a visually pleasing and IEEE Xplore-compliant proceedings. If we encounter errors in the appearance or compatibility of your document file, you will be contacted by email.
Papers must be submitted through the conference website: Online Submission
The deadline for all camera ready submissions is November 1, 2016.